Sunday, December 13, 2015

Blog Post 8

Which guest lecture did you find most informative, inspiring, and/or challenging? 

I thought the lecture on drones was incredibly interesting. I liked it so much that I decided to focus my final paper on the issue. I think this is very relevant and becoming more relevant in the journalism world. Bill Allen was a very interesting speaker and had a lot to say on the issue. I also enjoyed actually seeing the drone being flown in the classroom, and most of the lecturers did not have that in their arsenal of teaching materials. I would enjoy taking his course if I was not graduating this spring.

What insights did you gain doing research on your country?

I think, for starters, the stereotype that everyone in Sub-Saharan Africa is incredibly poor and no one has any money. However, I learned that not only there are wealthy people, but there is lots that happens in first-world countries that happens in Ghana, too, such as government corruption. I was hoping to read, write, and report more about soccer as they are often a force to be reckoned with in the World Cup, but this was not the case. I still felt Ghana was an interesting country to write about and enjoyed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment